- In a matter of weeks, 44 construction workers have died.
- Thousands of Nepalese workers are being forced to work in 50C/122F degree heat with no access to food or water, not paid, passports held to prevent them from leaving.4
- And just last week, investigative journalists were detained and questioned by Qatari authorities.5
- Call on the Qatari Supreme Committee for Qatar 2022 to update contracts to meet international labour standards
- Include audit requirements for all contracts affiliated with FIFA sporting events that include large-scale construction projects for cases of modern slavery with the initial bidding process.
- Publicly report the findings of audits for cases of modern slavery.
 http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/sep/26/qatar-world-cup-migrant-workers-dead http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/german-filmmakers-detained-qatar-peter-giesel-robin-ahne-world-cup_n_4100813.html http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/25/revealed-qatars-world-cup-slaves http://www.policymic.com/articles/69343/qatar-world-cup-is-being-built-through-slave-labor-while-fifa-stays-silent