Call the Anti-Trafficking Program at 718.943.8652 if you or someone you know may be a trafficking victim.
Are you in a trafficking situation or are you working with someone that has been trafficked?
Working with Trafficked Youth
Know Your Rights!
- Be treated and paid fairly;
- A safe and healthy workplace;
- Not be held in a job against their will;
- Keep their passport and other identification documents in their possession;
- Report abuse without retaliation;
- Be free from discrimination and harassment of any kind;
- Leave an abusive employment situation;
- Request help from unions, immigrant and labor rights groups, and other groups; and
- Seek justice in U.S. courts.
- Keep your passport in a safe, easily accessible place;
- Keep copies of your passport, visa, and employment contract in your home country with relatives or friends;
- Keep the phone number of your home country’s embassy on hand; and
- Keep a record of all the days and hours that you work, and the amount and date of each payment that you receive.