And 'The Death Bed' At China's Notorious
Re-Education Labor Camps
- "Big hang": An inmate is hung by cuffs on her four limbs, forcing her body to stretch to its limit.
- "Small room": An inmate is kept in solitary confinement inside a tiny room with no windows. They must do everything in this room, including urinating and defecating.
- "Tiger Bench": An inmate is cuffed to a metal bench in a way designed to keep their legs bent upwards for a long period of time. If they struggle, the cuffs tighten.
- "Death bed": An iron or wooden board to which the inmate is attached if they try to go on hunger strike. The inmate is stripped naked and force-fed — there is a hole in the "bed" for urinating and defecating.
- "Force-feeding": Perhaps this one seems self-explanatory, but the detail of the report is horrifying. Prison guards reportedly use a cervical speculum to open the mouth of the inmate for food. The cervical speculum is left in the mouth 'til the next meal.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china-to-abolish-harsh-labor-camps-2013-11#ixzz3U1rg0iNo